Thursday, March 13, 2008
The last starfighter had some ambitious computer generated spaceship art scenes for its time. I think the design of the ship still holds up and the model would make the front page on just about any modeling forum, even today.
Somehow, the recruitment of soldiers and pilots through video games doesn't seem so far fetched today... That must have been somewhat of a novel concept back in the early eighties when the script was being developed.
I was amazed at how well this sequence of the Gunstar ship looped. The breaks in the loops is from the 24 frames per second to 29.97 conversion or the 3:2 pull down. I think?
There is a rumor of a remake of this classic sci-fi film. It's also on HD DVD now.
Keywords: the last stirfighter gunstar ship concept 3d turntable spin render trailer park video game ron cobb design multimedia multi media 24 frames per second 24 fps 24fps gunstar spaceship animation
- ► 2012 (194)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (156)
- Spaceship speed paintings by Levente Peterffy
- Fantastic spaceship art by Yanick Dusseault
- Buck Rogers in the 25th century (1979)
- Concept ships by Paul Christopher
- 3D concept spaceship model by ZakoS
- Tyler West concept ship art
- Jung Ho Park concept ship art
- Concept spaceship scene by Jesper Andersen
- Piranha concept ships
- Concept ship by Tomasz Jedruszek A.K.A Morano
- Halo wars concept ships
- Concept ship art from Ryoka Balbrick
- Concept ship art from legendary artist John Berkey...
- The last starfighter (1984)
- Conceptships humor
- Concept ships by James Zhang
- Star Wars episode III Revenge of the Sith concept ...
- Concept ship art by Ryan Church
- 3D concept spaceship models by Greg deSantis
- Atmospheria concept ships
- ▼ March (20)