Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me
Click Me Click Me
Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Buck Rogers in the 25th century (1979)



I first saw an episode of Buck Rogers shortly after coming over to the U.S. from Czechoslovakia in 1980. My cousin told me that Buck Rogers was airing later that night and he proceeded to point to a poster on his wall.

I was like "no way"... He was like "yes sir".



Obviously, that was the best television I've ever seen, coming over from an eastern European country. At eleven, you're not sure whether to look at the special effects or Erin Gray and Pamela Hensley.



The thing that struck me when I was watching the first episode scouring for loops... Is how good some of the vfx are in the film. Of course there is a lot of cheesy scenes and looping, repeating and mirroring of effects shots due to t.v. budget constraints but there is some good stuff in there... Still.



I can't believe the above shot looped this good... It would be almost perfect if it wasn't for the panning star field. I almost start to understand what these guys were doing... Like reverse engineering the shot.



You can thank me for sparing you the animated flash loop of Gil Gerard dancing with Pamela Hensley from the first Awakening episode:)

Thanks for supporting conceptships.blogspot!

Keywords: buck rogers american science fiction adventure television series produced by universal studios character created by Philip Francis Nowlan embedded spaceship animated flash loops coded in html css cascading style sheets multi media multimedia concept ships blog

No comments:

Newer posts Older posts Home

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me