Tuesday, February 26, 2008
I saw this in Communist Czechoslovakia with my dad when I was seven years old in 1978. For some reason, Close encounters was shown in selected theaters there and then while Star Wars was not. I wonder if Lucasfilm never licensed the film for European release or it was just that the Communist government was against showing a movie where "ordinary" good people rise up against tyrannical oppressive rule.
Either way, this is the movie that introduced me to quality special effects for film and showed me what was possible from American film producers/directors.
I love the use of lens flares in this movie... I use a lot of lens flares in my artwork because of Close encounters and Bladerunner.
This movie has been airing lately in high definition on HDnet.
Keywords: steven spielberg close encounters concept ships art looped flash multimedia animated animation sequence of the film ceskoslovensko kino czechoslovakian theater showing close encounters 1978
- ► 2012 (194)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (156)
- Concept ships by Chris Foss
- Close encounters of the third kind (1977)
- Anime concept ship illustration
- Robotech sdf1
- Concept ship art from hipper
- Concept ship art from Reloaded studios
- Concept ship art from John Newall
- concept ship digital artwork from Francis Tsai
- Concept ships scenes designed by Theo Prins
- Concept ships by Warren FU
- Concept ship art from Ray Lederer
- Space cruiser Yamato style concept ship
- Concept ship art by Darren Bacon
- ▼ February (13)